Application is now closed. We will notify all applicants of the acceptance results by 17th June 2019.
There is no application fee. However, if you are selected and you choose to participate, there is a registration fee (see the details below).
- 7-31 May 2019: Early application period
- 1-7 June 2019: Late application period
- 7 June 2019: Application deadline
- Mid-June 2019: Notification of acceptance
- Late-June 2019: Registration
- 4-11 August 2019: MLRS 2019
- Students (bachelor, master, doctoral) with interest in machine learning. In particular, we encourage graduate students (master, doctoral) whose research topic is related to machine learning, or can benefit from machine learning.
- Industry practitioners in any role with connection to software engineering, data science, machine learning or related areas.
- Academics (researchers, professors) who wish to understand machine learning from a technical perspective.
All applicants will be subject to a selection process by the committee based on their scientific expertise and background knowledge. Approximately 80 participants will be selected to participate in the MLRS 2019. While no prior machine learning knowledge is required, selected participants are expected to be comfortable with undergraduate mathematics (e.g., linear algebra, basic multivariate calculus, basic probability theory), and programming in Python.
Although optional, we strongly encourage all participants to present a poster on an on-going, past, or future project that has a machine learning component, or that will benefit from adding one. The poster can be on any research topic (not necessarily directly related to machine learning). In the selection process, priority will be given to applicants who choose to present a poster.
The MLRS does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
- Registration fee for all participants is 2500 THB if you apply on 7-31 May 2019.
- Registration fee is 5000 THB if you apply on 1-7 June 2019.
We encourage all applicants to apply as soon as possible.
The registration fee covers
- Lunch and two coffee breaks per day (8 days)
- Access to all lectures (in English). See the schedule.
- Poster presentation by participants
- Two coding sessions
- Social events (welcome party and banquet)
- Access to career booths of our valued sponsors.
- One-day visit to Vidyasirimedhi Institute of Science and Technology (VISTEC) in Rayong province.
A limited number of travel assistance is available for students who are accepted to attend MLRS. To be considered for travel funding (e.g., registration fee waiver, partial/full support for transportation and accommodation), please indicate your request in the application form. The amount funded will be considered in a case-by-case basis. Note that we may not be able to cover all your expenses.